Monday, July 12, 2010

Pigtown or Pigsty?

Illegal dumping and Pigtown go hand in hand. Casually discarded computer parts, scrap metal or a couch rest easy on sidewalks off Nanticoke St. So today, I decided to meddle after seeing a guy toss several old air conditioning units on the street and begin demolishing them. He had no room in his pickup truck, so his intent seemed pretty obvious. I asked him if he had plans to leave his junk, and he said he wasn't "going to answer that...I wouldn't be so disrespectful because my grandmother lives across the street".

Riiiiiight.



2 comments:

Baltphotog said...

Thank you for this (especially since I live in the 1100 block)!! If I see the junk there I will forward your link to Councilman Bill Cole. I am sure he would like the opportunity to follow up with the tags on the truck!

Ninaas said...

Hi Neighbor!

I drove back to the area around 4pm and noticed that the junk had been removed. Thanks for the lookout!

~Celina