Saturday, June 4, 2011

Cleaning out my camera...September/October 2010 in photographs

Better late than never! Pigtown, in pictures, last September-October 2010. Enjoy!




Man, unknown, getting a questionable-substance-induced nap mid-day.


Gallery 788--art galore--undoubtedly the coolest thing in Pigtown EVER.


...and even cooler Eduardo Rodriguez, manager of Gallery 788.


Todd and Nelson running.




Was really surprised the city came out and removed the hideous graff tags on the corner bar near me in just one call. Not bad, Bmore!




A commemorative graff to Pigtown, of the cool kind, on my back fence. Thanks Todd!


My favorite house on the 11th block of Cleveland.








Green Pig Commons Project Block--great concept; too bad it's not duplicated throughout Pigtown.


Flash flood--crazy. Two minutes before this pic was taken, the water was above the curb. Drain blockage? And like that, it was gone.


When I was thinking about starting a garden/consignment shop last year, I was hoping to take over the lease from the African Braiding salon. How in the world do they stay in business? Braids haven't been popular since the 1990s.


Great architecture going to waste. I'd love to rehab the boarded building into a loft co-op for artists.

6 comments:

Hugo Chavez said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
T said...

Man, I miss DC/MD. I'd go so far as to say that I even miss NoVA a bit, but just a bit.

Keep 'em coming, chica.

Ninaas said...

H.C.: You are a very kind, compassionate and noble soul! I'm hardly apathetic, but I don't disturb someone nodding/sleeping unless he/she is sprawled out on the sidewalk. Oftentimes this is a heroin nod, and in 2 minutes he/she is wide eye awake. If I recall, he was gone by the time I returned. Nonetheless, it's never a bad idea to check on someone. :)

Ninaas said...

T: Thx! Where in NoVa did you live?

T said...

When I first moved to the area I was in Burke for almost 2 years...then 7 years in Alexandria and 5 in Takoma Park.

Hugo Chavez said...
This comment has been removed by the author.